Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"The People" have spoken!

.... well, at least 1.77% of the people! Wow, Fort Bend County GOP -- we should be so proud of ourselves for this dramatic and overwhelming "voice of the masses!"

(sarcasm off)

9,099 votes out of 514,492 registered voters in Fort Bend County. I wish there were a more politically sensitive word I can come up with, but all I can muster up is: pathetic.

Yes, I know... it's only a primary... and a runoff, too... and it could also be seen as 3.18% of "District Voters" (pleading ignorance as to whatever that means), but it's still pathetic.

So don't let anyone in this election talk about a "mandate" or how the people were "sending a message". I'm thinking that you need a little bit more than a 3% voter turnout to make that claim. The only "message" they (the registered voters of Fort Bend County) were sending is that they hate politics, politicians, and apathy reigns supreme. I dare you to disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home