Monday, April 10, 2006

When Good Curmudgeons Go Bad

I don't mind a good dose of invective disguised as righteous indignation every now again, and the woman I have characterized as one of my favorite local misanthropic curmudgeons never hesitates to dish it out, but every once in a while she goes too far.

In her most recent post, she writes:
Madam Swami Juanita predicts the winner in each race in the GOP primary run-off will have one thing in common with every darned other GOP elected official in the county --- they will all be fluffy white boys! I ain’t kidding. When you go to a swearing-in ceremony in Fort Bend County, it looks like Germany won the damn war. (emphasis mine)
So not only are we all sexist pigs, but we elect Nazis!

Gee, uh, it couldn't have anything to do with the quality of their campaigns, or their lack of heavy-hitter endorsements, would it? You mean to tell me if Terese Raia were running for party chair she wouldn't have sailed through without a runoff? And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Faye Dettling a Judge? And a woman? *gasp!*

Sorry, "Juanita," but your Nazi schtick was just a little too over the top. Demand a refund from your Emily Post classes, post haste.

The Umpire sez: "Bad Sportsmanship!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Susan Lowery, Judge of County Court at Law #3.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home